MORE GAIN FROM YOUR GRAIN
Livestock Roller Mills & Grain Processing Equipment
Since 1925, Automatic has been Building Innovative Products for the Agricultural Market
Save time, money, and energy running your farming business – whether you own a large operation or a small agricultural company. Automatic Equipment Manufacturing provides the best agricultural processing machines designed to reduce waste and increase efficiency. Choose from a number of size and power options for roller mills, CSU mills, and more. Increase your bushels per hour, and help your farm run like a well-oiled machine.
Why We're Great >
Industrial Roller Mills For Feed Processing
The Right Materials Create the Best Roller Mills
We don’t cut corners when it comes to providing the industrial farming equipment you need. Our grain roller mills and electric mills are designed to be hard-working and long-lasting. You can depend on Automatic Equipment Manufacturing to provide feed processing mills that don’t require frustrating repeat maintenance and part replacement. Learn more about why we choose hardened steel for our industrial roller mills.
The Most Efficient Grain Processing Equipment for Livestock
Your livestock operation needs to achieve maximum efficiency to compete with the ever-increasing competition locally and globally. Automatic's industrial grain mills can help you achieve this in three ways:
Better Growth of Livestock
In a 2017 study of using an Automatic roller mill at the Beller Feedlot, we saw the real-world results our mill could deliver. Cows on this lot saw three pounds more growth per head. And when the beef was graded, the herd achieved 4.5% more Prime or Certified Angus grade. In addition, because the Automatic industrial grain mills could handle more different types and grades of grain, the feedlot could afford to buy more feed at a lower cost. And they saw a 1.88% higher feed conversion.
One of the outstanding efficiencies of Automatic industrial grain mills is that they require less energy. In fact, roller mills use as much as 85% less energy than hammer mills. With any quality of grain, you can count on using one-third less horsepower than with other mills.
Time is money in your livestock operation, whether it's time you spend or hours you have to pay employees. An Automatic industrial grain mill can save you time. The high throughput of the mill means you don't have to spend as much time milling your livestock feed.
Plus, the high-quality materials used in Automatic roller mills mean less downtime. The automatic hardened steel used for the rollers will function for longer and require fewer recorrugations. Plus, our machines are designed for easy maintenance so even when they're down, they aren't down for long.
Inexpensive Chill Cast Rolls
Automatic Hardened Steel
Inexpensive Chill Cast Rolls
Automatic Hardened Steel
• Chill cast iron costs less for the manufacturer than hardened steel due to the reduced material, energy, and labor required to produce finished rolls.
• Chill cast iron has poor corrosion resistance; it constantly needs to be resharpened in order to achieve consistent feed quality.
• Cast iron easily warps without shattering. This rubber band effect leads to long-term negative results on all working aspects of the mill
• The lifetime cost of ownership for chill cast iron rolls is much higher than hardened steel rolls.
• Automatic hardened steel is more expensive because it’s better material. Regular maintenance requirements are drastically reduced, saving time and money in the long-term.
• Hardened steel has 1.5x the modulus of elasticity of chill cast steel, leading to less warping of material on the shaft. The entire mill will last longer, providing years of trouble-free operation
• No need for constant resharpening and reworking to mill quality grain.
• Harder, stronger rolls that deliver consistent feed quality for years at a lower lifetime cost.
Steve Rehder, Rehder Farms
It eats corn.
ATG 10000 & 15000
Automatic's newest high-volume mill. Electric Motor Driven or PTO
Real World Results*
• 3 lbs of additional gain per head
• 1¢ better cost of grain = 64 lbs less feed per head
• 4.5% higher grade out on Prime/Certified Angus Beef
• 1.88% better conversion
* Beller Feedlot, Lindsay, Nebraska September 2017
Roy Ritter, RKR Feedlot
West Point, Nebraska
Our Automatic 10K Electric mill is an outstanding machine. We use two one-thousand bushel dump pits. On our biggest day, we process 145,000 bushels through the mill at about 9000 bushels per hour with 25 to 28% moisture. I no longer dread high-moisture corn season.
THE AUTOMATIC DIFFERENCE
Avoid Feed Waste &
Dust-free rolled grain will not be “windblown” out of the feed bunk. Your livestock will eat it all, and they will avoid respiratory problems cause by inhaling “powdered feeds.”
More Gain From Your Grain
More farmers are choosing Automatic, one of the most energy-efficient methods of processing all types of feed grains. Whether you are feeding beef, pork, dairy or poultry, you will get more from your grain with Automatic. Make 4 bushels do the work of five. and get more milk per cow, faster, more economical gains. All livestock thrives on rolled grain.
Improved Palatability & Digestibility
It is just like cracking nuts, the roller mill cracks the grain lightly, just enough to break the seed coat without reducing the meat inside to flour. The digestible nutrients can then be assimilated for consistently higher rates of gain. Without cracking, much of the grain will pass through the animal whole.
Whether you want to roll your grain coarse, medium or fine, wet or dry, Automatic mills require one third less horsepower than other mills.
Eliminate Digestive Disorders
Dust and flour in feed have been found to be a major cause of ulcers in hogs and bloat in cattle. Rolled feed is more palatable because it is uniform in size, easy to chew and you preserve the natural roughage animals need to thrive.
Roller mills will process corn, milo, oats, barley, and wheat. You choose the particle reduction size best suited for your livestock. Set your rolls and let Automatic do the rest.